Wireless Power Algorithm Simulation Developer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 21, 2020
Role Number: 200201314
Efficient, safe, wireless power transfer for consumer electronics is a complex endeavor involving many interacting control loops and algorithms. Ensuring proper operation and interaction of these algorithms and control loops across all operating conditions and use cases is a complicated task. In order to make algorithm development more deterministic, predictable and optimal we are engaged in an effort to greatly enhance our end-to-end simulation capability. This role is an excellent opportunity to apply an architectural mindset combined with excellent coding skills to significantly advance the process of design, debugging and validating the algorithms in this multi-disciplinary system. You will be part of a team developing innovative concepts implemented in products used by many millions of people. Our team faces new challenges every day that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and high potential individuals. We have a highly collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- Experience in designing simulation environments for complex systems
- Excellent C++ programming skills (Verilog-A a plus)
- Experience developing and evaluating control loops and algorithms
- Solid understand of physics and electrical systems
In this position, you'll be a key member of Apple's core architecture team for wireless power. The role is critical for enabling a more nimble algorithm development and validation methodology. Key responsibilities include: - Create a simulation environment that can model complex dynamical systems and accurately predict behavior and interactions of high-level sensing and control algorithms described with verilog-A, Matlab or C/C++. - Generate unit-test and regression tests to ensure continuous improvements as algorithm development progresses. - Working with EE team to create hardware-in-the-loop emulation platforms that provide real-time data to and interact with the simulation environment. - Work with wireless power system architects to extract and efficiently simulate system behavior on appropriate time scales (e.g. time-scales of the control action as opposed to time-domain power cycle accurate simulation) - Utilizing your simulation environment, explore alternate algorithms and control loops to achieve higher performance. - Identify and ameliorate unexpected and corner case interactions.
Education & Experience
Masters in EE or CS with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience in creating simulation and hardware emulation environments to study algorithms and interactions in complex dynamic systems.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.
Back to top