Wireless Design Validation Test Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: May 6, 2021
Role Number: 200185134
Would you like to join Apple's growing wireless silicon development team? Our wireless SOC organization is responsible for all aspects of wireless silicon development with a particular emphasis on highly energy efficient design and new technologies that transform the user experience at the product level, all of which is driven by a world-class vertically integrated engineering team spanning RF/Analog architecture and design, Systems/PHY/MAC architecture and design, VLSI/RTL design and integration, Emulation, Design Verification, Test and Validation, and FW/SW engineering. We invite you to join us, if you are looking for a challenging RF/Wireless Design Validation Test (DVT) Engineering position. Individuals will work with RFIC circuit designers and system integration engineers to do: RF bench testing, debugging, and characterizing RF Wireless SoC performance. Individuals will either automate mentioned tasks and/or help specify test procedures especially for tasks that are done repeatedly or require extensive setup.
- Strong Wireless RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals.
- Solid experience of RF parametric testing such as IP3, NF, ACPR, phase noise, etc.
- Knowledge of loadpull testing is desirable.
- Characterized/Debugged RF PCB and chip issues within a test and script development.
- Strong working knowledge of RF test equipment, such as; network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, vector signal analyzer, vector signal generator, etc.
- Unix scripting knowledge is a requirement (objected oriented programming experience such as Python is highly desirable).
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in a lab environment.
- Proficiency with basic metrics for determining quality of digital communication signals measured.
- Characterizing and debugging RF PCB and chip issues such as external matching networks to optimize Tx/Rx radio performance. - Designing, and executing and/or automating directed RF and/or PHY/MAC testing scripts, which control and setup RF test equipment and RF chips. - Writing scripts that plot, parse and analyze large data sets of data. - Generating RF design/verification/test reports by working with RF and systems and integration teams to design such reports.
Education & Experience
BSEE or MSEE
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top