Wireless Architecture Engineering Program Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 18, 2020
Role Number: 200052710
Are you a leader? Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Can you deliver on a predictable yet dynamic schedule? As a Wireless Platform Architecture Engineering Program Manager (EPM), within the Hardware Technology organization, you will be working on a Senior Project Management team, responsible for driving roadmaps and resolving technical issues that enable state of the art Apple products. This is an individual contributor role, helping lead the definition & development process for wireless SoC silicon. The focus of this role is on initial phases of product requirements, architecture, spec, design and pre-silicon prototyping to initial samples. Apple seeks a technical leader to lead programs for our groundbreaking IPs and connectivity chip designs. The EPM is responsible for multi-functional communication and representation for the groups involved in Wireless SoC development & Radio IP development from concept to production. Technical design background in Wireless, SoC, RF analog/mixed signal will be key to your success in this role. You will also ideally have project management experience in some aspect of RF Chip Design, VLSI Chip Design, and/or Technology Process development. Tried experience working in a dynamic engineering environment, advanced multi-tasking skills, and real-time crisis management are all desired strengths for this position.
- 10+ years of experience working with Wireless Architecture, Analog and/or Mixed-Signal IPs or RF products.
- Track record of hands-on Technical Program or Project Management or engineering Chip lead.
- Extraordinary teammate and creative thinker who is able to lead technical teams, multi-functional groups against plans.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Good knowledge of Wireless technologies, SoC, Analog/Mixed signal/ RF design process, tools/flows and methodologies.
- Work with multi-functional Architecture, HW, SW and System organizations to enable progress on dependencies for Silicon definitions and ramp. - Work closely with chip Integration and system teams to drive high level achievements. - Ability to multi-task and lead designs across several projects at a time. - Close technical requirements with Apple System teams, handle issues, and track bugs. - Pull together regular project status presentations for multi-functional executive reviews. - Drive resolution of technical issues between multi-functional teams: Technology/Library, IP owners, Design, DV, PD, HW and SW teams. - Convert large amounts of data into a clear story to communicate to organizations at all levels. - Identify risks, develop mitigation strategies and facilitate conflict resolution. - Track project schedule for all phases of Silicon-on-Chip design from IP and System definition to Design, Prototyping, Silicon/System Bring-up and Production.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in technical discipline
Back to top