WebKit 3D Graphics Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 22, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200185834
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. New GPU technologies and virtual environments are opening fresh opportunities for displaying rich content and telling compelling stories. In this role on the WebKit team, you will be responsible for implementing and driving the standards for these technologies, enabling developers to create exciting new experiences on the web. The WebKit team seeks a software engineer excited to work on cutting edge technologies for the world's most popular web engine. The WebKit framework powers many system applications, including: Safari, Mail, and iBooks. Weʼre looking for engineers with exceptional problem solving skills, a passion for quality, and the desire to push the web forward.
- Familiarity and experience with pointer-based languages, C or C++ preferred
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Interest in 3D graphics APIs, like Metal, OpenGL, DirectX, and Vulkan
- Excellent debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
You will be responsible for driving the future of graphics on the web. This includes working on 3D and GPGPU standards like WebGL and WebGPU, and nascent technologies like AR and WebXR. Your contributions will keep the WebKit open source project the leading Web engine for graphics and rendering. As a good communicator, you'll work with organizations like W3C to help propose standards, refine them, and strengthen the web community.
Education & Experience
BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
- * We're looking for a self-starter who has an interest in this area of the web, and experience in memory management with low-level languages. Having any of the following are definitely pluses for this role:
- * Experience with advanced C++ features, including templates and C++14
- * Completed projects, corporate or personal, using web and/or graphics technologies
- * Familiarity with details of specific GPU implementation and architecture
- * Knowledge of software security
Back to top