Web Technologies Evangelist
Posted: Feb 6, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200096279
WebKit is Apple's lightning-fast open source web browser engine which powers Safari, the world's most innovative Web Browser. We use WebKit in several other iOS and macOS applications including Mail, iTunes, and the Mac App Store. The WebKit Developer Experience team is looking for a Web Technologies Evangelist to advocate for Apple's WebKit and to represent 3rd-party developer needs internally to the WebKit team. We are looking for a motivated self-starter with a passion for the web platform.
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- Broad knowledge of Web standards
- Experience with large group presentations and event organization
Web Developer outreach is an essential part of the success of WebKit and the web platform. * You will connect with third-party developers to provide influence, guidance and engineering support. You are a well-organized clear communicator who will engage publicly at conferences and meet-ups, interact with developers on social media, and write technical blog posts. You will work with engineering teams at Apple to represent the needs of 3rd-party developers and affect the future direction of web browsers and web technologies across all of Apple's platforms.
Education & Experience
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Having any of the following are definite pluses for this role:
- Experience with community engagement, relationship building, and technical consulting
- High-level familiarity with web browser internals
- *Experience in a developer relations or technical support role
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top