Web Servers iCloud Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200139493
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love solving complex challenges? Are you an inventive self-starter who takes pride in seeing ideas come to life on a global scale? If so, join our small team of dynamic engineers! Collaborate with engineering teams throughout Apple to design and build web services that power iCloud, impacting millions of customers around the world.
- Designing, implementing and supporting highly scalable services in Java
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and distributed systems
- Database design and caching (e.g. SQL, No-SQL, Redis, Memcache)
- Common web protocols (e.g. HTTP, TLS, JSON, Protobuf)
- Strong debugging and performance tuning skills
- Excellent technical communication skills (e.g. specifications, diagrams, explain complex topics)
Consider joining a small team and crafting the software which forms the foundation for some of our most exciting products and services. In addition to using expert technical knowledge to drive features and improvements, you are comfortable with dynamic requirements and have excellent communication skills. Success frequently depends on working with multi-functional teams, internal and external to Apple.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or EE is required.
- - 5+ years of experience in a professional, programming position
- - Shipping consumer oriented products preferred
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.
Back to top