Voice and IVR Technical Product Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200197305
Imagine what you could do here at Apple. New ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Apple Retail Online - Conversational Systems team is seeking a highly experienced Voice and IVR Product Manager to design and architect the products and platforms used for our voice experiences. As the Voice and IVR Product Manager, you will simplify the way Apple customers engage with us through voice in new and exciting ways. Our ideal candidate has in-depth technical experience with voice related technologies and is experienced with large world-wide voice implementations. You should be self-directed, operationally minded, and motivated, with strong analytical, project management, and influencing skills. You have a knack for understanding application architecture as well as customer experiences, and are able to clearly articulate requirements to engineering, designers and other partners.
- 6+ years work experience in voice user interface design for IVR, consumer products, Conversational Agents or Voice Assistant (Siri, Alexa, Google Assistant)
- Deep experience in Contact Center Technologies such as Computer Telephony Integration, Call routing, VoIP/SIP etc.
- Experience in Machine Learning / NLP systems in a multi-lingual setting, TTS, and managing voice personas.
- Advanced knowledge of the software development lifecycle (SDLC), project and product management (PMP, SCRUM/Agile, Waterfall) methodologies, user acceptance testing (UAT), and business analysis
- Proven experience in articulating, negotiating, and refining design solutions with partners using data and design standard methodology.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with Machine Learning / NLP engineers and other development team members.
- You are self-motivated and curious with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities and an innate drive to optimize.
- You have a high tolerance for ambiguity. You find a way through. You anticipate. You connect and synthesize.
- You can influence decisions with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong abilities in sketching, mocking up, and evaluating interaction design.
- Understanding of programming languages: HTML/CSS, PHP, SQL, REST, APIs, JSON, Cocoa
- Experience with Genesys Routing platform
- Serves as owner of the voice product for Apple Retail. - Determines and communicates development and deployment roadmap of features for product, also working to ensure funding and resourcing to realize roadmap. - Writes final requirements for all product changes and works with developers to translate functional requirements into technical specs. - Serves as the central resource between business and developers for all phases of software development lifecycle, including: scoping, design, development, test, deployment, organizational change and production support. - Organizes cross-functional discussions and activities to ensure successful development and implementation of all product enhancements/changes, ensuring work is completed on schedule and within budget constraints. - Serves as representative for the product and its users in all projects that would require potential modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line; acts as final decision maker in terms of impacts to the product. - Collaborate on a continuous basis with other IT leads and product management track leaders, reviews impact of upcoming new features, identify requirements and include these in the proper project's roadmap and in Capital Planning. - Regularly work with Worldwide and regional leaders on technical issues and platform performance improvements. - Define requirements that promote scalability of Platforms. - Set and measure critical metrics to drive product planning and optimization of Retail Online IVR and Voice product. - Communicate clearly in both spoken and written form.
Education & Experience
10 years of related experience or 8 years with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD with 3 years experience. PMP, SCRUM certification preferred
- Experience as a design lead and are able to lead and grow a team of high performing designers
- Interactive prototyping skills
Back to top