Visual Merchandising Manager - Accessories
Posted: Sep 3, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200093844
Are you passionate about our products and the role of Visual Merchandising to contribute to the overall product experience at Apple? You will be responsible for influencing the overall look and feel of Apple Retail Stores, driving the customer experience across demo programs, expertly planning and implementing all reset activities, and building planograms that support the category strategy. You will also work closely with the Product Merchandising and Geo-based teams (EMEIA and APAC), to ensure our global strategy is aligned to Apple and Retail's priorities.
- Craft and drive global Visual Merchandising strategy for strategic categories, balancing brand identity and maximizing sales. Produce new and creative initiatives, evolve visual layouts and build immersive customer experiences utilizing planograms, demo experiences, and customer journey as key tools
- Drive profitability and accuracy in product range to space allocation, and continually innovate Merchandising strategy to support the needs and growth of the business, with Product Merchandising partners
- Develop and oversee operational plans for product launches and major store resets. Lead partnership and process improvement with cross-functional partners across Retail and Apple, Inc.
- Partner with Geo-based teams and Field Merchandising teams to incorporate global considerations and customer feedback into Merchandising strategy
- Action accurate inventory and assortment mapping on the store level in partnership with Retail Fulfillment Operations (RFO) teams
- Communicate strategy on a regular basis to leadership and field organization
- Create efficiencies with existing processes, improving implementation in stores, as well as cross-functional work streams
- Develop and brief immersive demo strategies in collaboration with Marcom, Retail Interactive Technology, Marketing, and Product Merchandising
- Manage packaging guidelines and provide feedback to third party vendors
- Identify and communicate key priorities and responsibilities to generate drive for results, teamwork and achieve business objectives. Communicate inspired team vision and purpose.
- Support overnight resets in stores, conduct regular store visits and new store opening activity as needed.
Accessories and Merchandising are crucial parts of the Apple customer experience, showcasing complete solutions in support of our Hero products. We take pride in developing the best merchandising in the marketplace to the highest standards, partnering with our dedicated cross-functional and store teams to provide our customers a best-in-class experience. As part of this dynamic team you will impact the overall customer experience.
Education & Experience
10+ years prior Merchandising or retail management experience preferred BA/BS or equivalent degree (Business, Marketing, or related degree preferred)
- Strong aesthetic, visual design, and presentation skills
- Analytical and informed decision maker with ability to generate measurable business impact
- Cross-functional agility, and ability to independently lead and meet objectives in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. Comfortable working during intensive periods under bold deadlines
- Skilled in process management and agile to flex from high-level strategy to fine attention to detail
- Ability to foster teamwork and align objectives across diverse groups. Influence and develop relationships with partners at all levels including senior leadership
- Strong people leadership and experience with the ability to lead a team of peers
- Experience with creative teams in corporate environment desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Back to top