Video Operations Engineer
Posted: May 20, 2019
Role Number: 200062094
Do you like the idea of working on services that are used by millions of passionate people around the world? Do you enjoy working on challenges that are not yet solved? Do you want to change the world? Imagine what you could do here at Apple!! Apple puts users and user experience first, and is a place where new futuristic ideas and innovations have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services and the present very quickly. Apple Media Products is looking for a brilliant self starter to lead the Video Service Operations team. A phenomenal leader and engineer, and a visionary who can review, plan and influence key innovations and business processes that will deliver the best-in-class video experiences for the users. Join the team bringing Apple TV+ to millions of users.
- Past experience in some of the following:
- Managing or running distributed systems and delivering internet services at scale
- Working in Linux or Unix environments and ability to tune for performance (e.g. disk or memory)
- Systems configuration management with devops and automation tools (e.g. chef, Jenkins)
- Systems monitoring experience with tools like Nagios
- Scripting languages like perl, bash, php, python etc
- Other systems like containers and message queues (e.g. Kafka, Apache, Jetty)
- Infrastructure knowledge of networks, CDNs, load balancers
- Agile development with code tools like svn and git
- Knowledge of video ecosystem and delivery of large scale video
- Aptitude to independently network, learn, and influence multi-functional teams both business and technical
- Good written and communication skills
- Ability to organize, plan and deliver against key achievements
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions that are maintainable, understandable and diagnosable
Apple Media Products is looking for an operations leader to drive tools, monitoring, and processes to support its dynamic growth. Join our exciting team that is dedicated to providing the highest quality video products to our customers. Our team is responsible for the software that drive real-time end-to-end video service quality and influence the performance and architecture of delivering video. We are looking for a standout colleague who is able to take on problems under a tight deadline constraints and deliver imaginative solutions. Responsibilities will include: tools and applications to support measuring and monitoring video quality, building data analytics and real-time dashboards, driving processes to detect, react and solve customer issues, and finally working across Apple from customer care to core platforms to build the capabilities.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related field 5 years of industry experience
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top