Video Editor, Motion and Video Content, Media Products
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 12, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200195449
The Apple Media Products (AMP) team is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a thriving marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books - and, of course, apps. Media Products Design Video team is responsible for concepting and production of motion graphics and video content, working closely with all of Apple's product design and content teams to uphold the highest standards of development and execution of world-class video. We are looking for a creative video editor to join the team. The ideal candidate has a passion for storytelling, design, media and technology. This role requires working on a range of deliverables across multiple product, content, experiential and communication platforms while collaborating with other creative teams to deliver compelling original content. This role will primarily be focused on the Apple Arcade platform, working on a range of deliverables from gameplay edits, to documentary shorts, to social, to other motion graphics-based pieces of content. While the candidate does not have to be a "gamer," it's advantageous if you have an interest in/understanding of video games as a storytelling medium.
- Experienced editor through a wide variety of productions (TV, documentary, marketing/social, corporate)
- Comfortable with both live action and animation storytelling.
- Understands deliverables across multi-platforms and aspect ratios, and how a consumer will experience the video in those various placements.
- Passion for story structure.
- Eye for details, like ensuring the main action of the video is within the safe area, or sweating every frame to ensure a strong sequence of a film.
- Work with director/brief to achieve the desired end result.
- Manage the quality of how the story is visually presented.
- Reordering and fine-tuning content to ensure the logical flow of information.
- Creating and testing graphic design elements to bring brand cohesion to projects.
- Consult/review with internal and external partners to ensure proper goal is being met.
- Suggesting or selecting music. Editing music track for desired emotional effect.
- Finalizing technical aspects to ensure quality and accurate delivery format.
Manipulating and editing footage together in a way that matches a creative brief and tells a cohesive story. High proficiency in editing platforms FCPX, Premiere, Avid. Proficiency in supporting applications such as After Effects, Photoshop, Resolve. Understands post-production workflows. Offline editorial through color, VFX and audio mix. Final online assembly of graded and mixed files. An understanding of compression guidelines to meet proper delivery specifications. Manage and understand the creative review process. Knowing how to address creative notes (directly/indirectly) so as not to destroy the underlying structure of what works well. Ability to retain a highly organized project, from initial edit through various localization deliveries.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree/equivalent work experience preferred
- - At least 5-7 years as an editor at an agency, film company, or post-house.
- - Concentration and patience towards a task.
- - Strong collaboration skills, team focused.
- - Strong creative mind to work alone and deliver results.
- - Understanding of time management and project breakdown.
- - Ability to simplify communication (verbally and as a visual storyteller)
- **All resumes must be accompanied by portfolio and/or website link.
Back to top