Video Coding and Processing Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 17, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200167552
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Do you bring passion and dedication to your job? If so, we are looking for individuals like you. We are looking for a motivated engineer to join us to shape the future of video coding and processing. The team develops cutting edge technologies and systems that enable Apple's media products and services, such as TV+, iTunes Store, FaceTime, AirPlay, etc. You will work closely with a group of experts to develop next generation video coding and processing algorithms and systems.
- Solid understanding of fundamental theories and practices of video coding and processing
- Software development experience in one of the following: C, C++, Objective C
- Working knowledge of modern video coding standards: HEVC, H.264,, AV1 or VVC etc.
- Strong analytical, programming and debugging skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
The Interactive Media Group is looking for a highly skilled and creative engineer who is up to playing a key role in developing next generation video coding and processing technologies. You will work with a team of experts on codec technologies including intra/inter predictions, transforms, entropy coding, block partitioning, in loop filtering, pre/post-processing, as well as machine learning based coding tools. You will research innovative algorithms or improvement of existing algorithms, implement them efficiently within a complex existing codebase, conduct simulations, perform rate-distortion-complexity analysis and quickly iterate for further improvement. You will draft patent applications and make proposals to standard bodies.
Education & Experience
MS Computer Science or MS Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Desirable (but not required):
- Machine learning based video coding and processing
- Experience in video codec standardization
- Multi-threaded programming
- Performance optimization of video coding and processing algorithms/systems
Back to top