UX/UI Designer, Retail Employee Apps
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200150038
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. When you bring your passion, creativity, and dedication to your job, there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Retail Marketing is seeking a UX/UI Designer to join the team responsible for crafting apps and tools used by over 65,000 Apple store employees around the globe to deliver phenomenal customer experiences. This is a hands-on UX/UI design role and requires an individual who has a passion for tackling complex problems by building elegant, simple, and intuitive design solutions.
- 5-10+ years' experience as a UX/UI designer
- A portfolio of work that includes iOS and Mac OS apps
- The ability to communicate concepts and solutions through sketches, wireframes, detailed design comps, and prototypes
- Experience participating in every stage of the app development process, from concepting through delivery
- A flexible, fast learner with a track record delivering high-quality work in a fast-paced work environment
- You thrive working in a collaborative environment and are motivated by feedback from users, designers, and cross-functional partners
- Demonstrated proficiency with design and prototyping software such as Sketch, Flinto and Principle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with an ability to present work confidently to partners
- You bring a genuine passion for Apple, its products, and its customers
• We design and prototype apps and features across the ecosystem of apps used by Apple Retail store employees • We craft detailed and comprehensive UX documentation and design artifacts including app maps, flows, design prototypes, detailed comps, and design specs • We value analytics, research, and usability testing to inform simple and intuitive app flows and interfaces • We work with product managers, operations experts, and engineers to build outstanding creative executions, and develop trust quickly with partners • We refine and update design deliverables to respond to feedback from cross-functional teams and users alike •We present in-progress and final designs to team members and partners, gathering feedback and building consensus around feature behavior • We conduct and consult on user research and usability tests • We ensure that the design intent is maintained throughout development phase by collaborating closely with engineering teams • We socialize design solutions with broad audiences
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree preferred
- Creative portfolio that showcases your work including UX documents, sitemaps, flows, and wireframes and demonstrate how you apply knowledge of usability, user-centered design, content strategy and a strong capacity for both logical and creative thinking.
- Occasional domestic and international travel to Apple stores and contact centers is one of the most exciting aspects of this job.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top