UX Writer - Apple Pay
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200153936
Apple is where people do the best work of their careers. Work that has an impact on individuals and the world. Work that is challenging and fulfilling. Work that doesn't always feel like work. We're currently growing our Product & Design team to create new and better experiences across our services. As part of that effort, we're looking for a UX Writer to join us and focus on Apple Pay - reducing friction across the ways our customers make purchases in stores, in apps, and on the web, as well as access everyday experiences. In this role, you'll be in charge of interface copy for Apple Pay, Apple Card, Wallet, and other ways that people make payments or use passes.
- You are interested in the current and futures states of payments ecosystems, both globally and locally.
- Have an unrelenting passion for user-focused product experiences.
- Want to uphold Apple's commitments to privacy and security through an approachable voice.
- Are adept at advocating for users while simultaneously understanding the interests and importance of privacy, security, anti-fraud, marketing, and engineering.
- Are curious about every piece of a user journey, from error states to success criteria.
- Know how to work with - and influence - wireframes and functional specs.
- Oscillate between left- and right-brained writing, from storytelling to systematic thinking.
- Are interested in proposing what's right only after exploring why everything else might be wrong.
- Develop well-informed points of view, while also remaining willing to adjust them based on input from others.
- Can write from scratch, edit existing copy, and think beyond the written word with input from multiple team members.
- Think long-term, but act quickly.
- Are comfortable managing several projects simultaneously.
- Deliver passionate and impactful presentations at all levels of an organization.
- Dream about positively affecting the lives of millions of people, and like waking up to the responsibilities that come with that.
- Have an inexhaustible attention to detail.
- Know and are excited about evolving the Apple ecosystem of hardware, software, and services (Mac OS X, iOS, Apple Music, App Store, Books, Podcasts, Apple Pay, Apple TV, etc.).
The UX Writing arm of our Design team works on all our services, including ones that are currently available and ones that are just barely being imagined. As a UX Writer focused on global and local experiences with Apple Pay, you'll be responsible for many things, including: - Shaping the tone, language, and design system for Apple Pay and other initiatives in the payments orbit. - Working on feature development, naming, user flows, product logic, and education. - Contributing to and implementing style guides and shared nomenclature across Apple services. - Converging customer goals, business requirements, and brand values. - Boiling down complex systems into coherent, concise, and compelling interface copy. - Collaborating with designers to uncover and solve UI challenges. - Addressing feedback and improving performance of our content. - Spending time with QA, Legal, and Localization teams to ensure content appears properly for every audience. - Working with cross-functional partners and senior leadership to understand the boundaries of what's possible, and pushing from there.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- YOU SHOULD INCLUDE THESE IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- - A link to your online portfolio
- - Your CV or LinkedIn profile
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top