US Sales Business Insights and Analytics Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200179768
The people here at Apple don't just create products - they create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple's Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. We are, in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. As the US Business Insights and Analytics Manager, you will establish a roadmap for driving multiple initiatives related to data, business insights & tools by partnering with cross functional teams. You will engage with sales leadership and account execs to understand requirements and deliver solutions to meet business needs. This role is essential to enable decision intelligence for sales by making data an ongoing part of decision making and building tools to support sales processes. You will lead data analysts, developers responsible for visualization, insights and work closely with technical teams to drive execution of scalable data architecture and solutions.
- 10+ years of designing and implementing data strategies and tools for a large organization.
- Deep understanding of complex data models, BI methodologies, Data Architecture principals, Master data and metadata.
- Hands-on experience working with Web technologies, AWS, database technologies like Teradata, MySql etc, BI platforms such as Business Objects, Tableau, and scripting technologies such as Python, R.
- Understanding of operational processes, systems and data in multiple areas of Sales & operations; Forecasting, Pipeline management, Account management, Sales performance etc.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience, exposure to large-scale systems and experience writing code.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal with the ability to filter and distill relevant information for audiences at all levels of the organization.
You will lead all aspects of the design and development of a data strategy, reporting, insights and tools for the US Sales organization. The role will work with global teams to define technological and capability roadmaps, driving improvements of the organization, processes and use of systems and data. Responsibilities will include: Building a roadmap and vision for Business Insights, data and related tools strategy. Developing and scaling technical teams that will include data analysts and developers. Working in a dynamic environment and looking beyond daily demands to identify future possibilities. Building positive relationships and consulting business partners and team members within Sales, Sales Finance, IT and Operations. Negotiating priorities between multi-functional teams and making adjustments where needed while still working towards the Apple standard. Overseeing all aspects of lifecycle - design, development and delivery by working with in-house development and IT organization. Partnering with technical teams to build scalable data architecture to support reporting, visualization, dashboard and tools development. Leading change. Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer- focused approach. Developing and maintaining key project governance documentation to ensure the proper amount of structure is applied for project success. Addressing critical issues, quickly assessing and developing root cause analysis and problem solutions for operations issues.
Education & Experience
BE / MS in Data Management, Data Analytics, Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Back to top