Triage Engineer - AirPods
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Jun 26, 2020
Role Number: 200176414
The Audio Products Firmware team is looking for an energetic engineer to join our team. In this role, you will help us understand incoming bugs, decide meaningful next steps, assign to appropriate engineers, and write test code to broaden automated test coverage based on the triaged bugs. You will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the quality of firmware and software for Apple's consumer audio products.
- Understanding of the software development and testing process
- Solid understanding of C/C++ and Python
- Genuine passion for improving the quality of our products
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge of LLDB and other debug tools
- Experience in automation, workflow and tooling changes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- 3+ years of software development/testing experience
This is a high visibility job that involves a deep understanding of our cutting edge technologies. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. You must be a great teammate, but also be able to work effectively on their own. We are seeking someone who is passionate about our products and is interested in improving the quality for our customers. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. Excellent communication and collaboration is a must, as you will be asked to partner with team members and other engineering teams. Areas of Responsibilities: - Screen incoming bugs (understand, reproduce and regress) for our components - Develop tools that will help in quick triage of bugs - Understand software components owned by the engineering team - Use debugging and performance analysis tools to do initial analysis of bug reports - Identify potential trends in incoming bugs and raise to cross-functional team members. Develop tests to prevent future regressions in component behavior.
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Back to top