Tools & Automation Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 31, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200146801
The CI Technologies team is looking for a Tools & Automation Engineer to help build the next generation of internal testing solutions. The CI Tech team is responsible for the platform and the tools that play a meaningful role in developing high quality software, ensuring that we continue to encourage and delight Apple's millions of customers.
- Strong in a modern scripting or compiled languages (Python, Swift, C/C++, etc.)
- Strong understanding of software testing methodologies
- Excited to build tools to support the testing needs of internal developers
- Proficient in a distributed version-control system (Git)
- Experience in software automation and tools development
- Familiar with Continuous Integration and software build processes
- Familiar with iOS and/or macOS platforms considered a plus
As a member of the team, you will be contributing our test libraries. Test libraries serve as the building blocks of tests, and are used by QA, test engineers, and other automation teams throughout Software Engineering. You'll develop and maintain common functionally like task execution, device interaction, and log collection. The challenge is to ensure that our libraries stays compatible on released and future in-development hardware and software. In addition, you will leverage automation to contribute to a comprehensive testing story around our test libraries, ensuring reliability for our users as we create features and enhancements to meet their testing needs.
Education & Experience
B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in the following would be a plus, but not required:
- Distributed Systems
- Xcode and its testing technologies such as XCTest and XCUITest
Back to top