Tools and Automation Backend QA Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200119974
iPhone is the most popular camera in the world. The seamless integration of software and hardware has led to features like Curated libraries, Memories, Portraits and Live Photos which deliver experiences that are magical. The Camera & Photos team focuses on bringing a world-class photographic experience to all our users.Our team works hard on products that ship to millions of people. We are looking for people who want to do the same. The Photos QA team is seeking for a Quality Tools & Automation Engineer to help ensure that our products are of the highest quality. We are looking for detail oriented, analytical and creative thinker who can play a key role in qualifying the frameworks that support our applications as well as contribute to infrastructure that will help keep our team productive. This position requires a self-motivated individual with solid coding and communication skills with a desire to improve the quality of our software. You will also be performing manual testing to bring up the automation.
- Deep understanding of Software Development and QA methodologies
- Adept at manually reproducing and isolating automation test failures
- Ability to define/design/develop/maintain test automation/scripts and other related materials
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and thrive in a fast moving collaborative team environment.
- Highly motivated, can multitask, ability to work independently and change priorities quickly as needed
- Building tools (apps, scripts, etc) to help with testing efforts
- Experience developing test automation code in Python is a plus
- Exposure to CI process and tools such as Jenkins is a plus
The primary responsibilities for this role include triaging presubmission automation test results, improving our test-execution harnesses and related infrastructure, and advocating for change to support the testability of our products. Secondary responsibilitiesinclude improving existing test suites, adding regression cases where appropriate. You will also be deeply involved with our development engineers and your peers in QA to design, create, execute, and maintain manual and automated test suites. You will be responsible for reporting on testing progress and the overall health of your assigned areas throughout the development cycle. You will create problem reports and then track their resolution through completion. We need a creative thinker and strong problem solver who has experience inPython scripting/automation, experience designing test suites, and is familiar with database concepts. Given that Camera & Photos creates evolving, cutting-edge products, the candidate must possess strong multitasking skills and the ability to change focus quickly.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Back to top