Technology Pathfinding Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jul 17, 2020
Role Number: 200078457
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? As part of our Silicon Engineering group, you will take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality! You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing forward-thinking ideas to the real world. Join us, and you will help design products that bring to our customers experiences they've never before envisioned. You will work at an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for crafting state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for Technology Pathfinding Engineers! We are looking for a motivated engineer to fill a full-time position.
- We are looking for applicants with 10+ years of experience in semiconductor process R&D and manufacturing.
- Deep knowledge of CMOS advanced technologies, device physics and industry competitive landscape is required.
- Hands on experience with Compact Models and Spice simulations is required.
- Design experience (analog & digital) in advanced CMOS process is highly desired.
- Experience with transistor level circuit design is preferred.
- People leadership skills and managerial experience is highly desired.
- Good data analysis, problem solving, and communication skills required.
- Self-motivated and schedule oriented is a big plus.
Imagine yourself at the center of our processor design effort, collaborating with design teams and providing technology support, with a critical impact on getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. In this highly visible role, you will collaborate with foundry technology teams, internal teams and R&D organizations to identify and evaluate future technologies to improve Performance, Power and Area of our products. Your main responsibilities on this role will be: • Define future technology options and analyze the benefit on products performance, power and area. • Collaborate with external R&D organizations and tool vendors on technology roadmaps. • Monitor and assess research progress in semiconductor technology through publications and conferences. • Influence foundry roadmap based on knowledge of industry technology trends and internal priorities. • Lead multi-functional teams (design, packaging and technology) for the evaluation of new technologies. • Work with platform architecture teams to benchmark foundry technology nodes and design enablement.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required, PhD preferred
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top