Technology Development Mechanical Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 14, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200006571
Apple is looking for an energetic, creative engineer who can think outside the box. This role offers an incredible opportunity to define and develop plastic display architecture and work with a best-in-class team across the multiple disciplines including product design, material engineering, process engineering, and computer aided engineering. Bring your ingenuity and let's make one-of-a-kind Apple product together.
- Experience developing mechanical designs for reliable products in consumer electronics
- Solid understanding of solid mechanics: rigid-body dynamics, mechanics of materials, including viscoelasticity, viscoplasticity, and large deformation mechanics.
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and analysis methods.
- Experience with hands-on prototyping
- Familiarity with soft matter: plastic, elastomer, foam, and gel is a plus.
- Excellent multi-functional collaboration and written and verbal communication.
- Proven track record of problem-solving skills together with self-driven growth mindsets
• Create and refine technologies to improve the reliability of plastic display modules. • Collaborate with various different groups (product design, material engineering, process engineering) within Apple. • Bring your ideas to life by prototyping and demonstrating performance to key stakeholders. • Explore and implement the architectures that can create new user experiences for the future Apple products
Education & Experience
•Ph.D or MS degree in Mechanical engineering or Material Science
Back to top