Technical Program Manager, Image Sensor, Process Integration
Posted: Dec 10, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 114428276
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Here at Apple we don't just create products - we create the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of our people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Product Operations at Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. You will take the lead in driving process continues improvement activities for semiconductor devices during NPI, ramp up and throughout product lifetime. You will work with the internal engineering team, the semiconductor devices vendors and downstream with module integrators. The scope covers image sensor devices used in all module and all systems. And, the right candidate will work across multiple locations in various continents with visits to many countries. The majority of time will be spent at the vendor sites (requires international travel on a consistent basis).
- Strong technical skills, involving problem solving and issue root causing in a pressured environment
- Interpersonal skills of leadership, project management, communication, teamwork, influencing and negotiation.
- Teamwork: constant interfacing with multiple functional teams across Apple and its suppliers
- Flexibility: Evening and weekends work will be required. The job also requires significant international travels.
- Good working knowledge of semiconductor devices and associated module components is preferred, but a deep semiconductor processes background is mandatory.
- In-depth understanding of wafer test, yield, wafer fab processes, wafer packaging, back-end issues.
- Familiarity with quality systems and control
Resolve quality issues in semiconductor wafer fab, back-end processing and Module integrator. Monitor and report yield, manufacturing metrics (CpK, FMEA etc.). Drive improvement programs as appropriate. Drive FACA for semiconductor devices related returns from integrators and field returns. Track, report and close out issues in a timely manner. Ensure 8D reports and PCNs are maintained correctly Maintain a good relationship with Module integrators and regularly track their semiconductor devices issues and yield loss. Assist and arbitrate as needed. Review and approve semiconductor devices manufacturing Quality Control Plans (tests, methods, sample sizes, pass /fail criteria). Audit and approve semiconductor devices manufacturers for Mass Production readiness. Ensure semiconductor devices vendors are conforming to Apple ERS specs and requirements. Manage the quality relationship with the semiconductor devices factories. This involves regular face to face reviews, efficient vendor reporting systems and audits. Ensure qualification and reliability activities at vendors are in line with requirements. Routine status reporting to executives and issue escalation when needed. Interface with other groups: Strong contact with vendor factory teams. Interface with internal cross functional team. Close coordination with semiconductor devices design team and semiconductor devices NPI project managers.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or allied technical subject. 3 years relevant experience in Product Engineering, Process Engineering and/or Quality Engineering
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here.
- Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. For more information, please click here.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace. Learn more.
Back to top