Posted: Jun 3, 2020
Role Number: 200173720
The Apple TV Services Teams What happens when the world's most innovative engineers collaborate with the world's most creative storytellers? TV gets reinvented. Meet the reinventors: The Apple TV Services teams created and manage the Apple TV app as well as tvOS, which redefined and refined the way people watch their favorite shows, movies, and so much more - including everything they love from the major subscription services. Today, these teams also manage one of the most exciting new realms at Apple: They bring viewers the critically acclaimed and award-winning Apple Originals in Apple TV+. And they've engineered it so Apple TV+ can be enjoyed not only on Apple devices, but also directly on many new televisions and third-party streaming devices. To deliver Apple-level quality on a global scale, these engineers employ talent and tools to smoothly ingest and process a wide array of media assets. They work cross-functionally to handle video flow from content ingestion, playback, transcoding, and virtually everything else it takes to make the experience as seamless as possible. Join them to see what else is possible. Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Video team is looking for a Partner Engineer to join the Apple Media products team working to bring our next generation video and music services to new platforms.
- Experience shipping Java Script/Type Script as production software
- Deep understanding of Node.js and v8 engine
- Experience in web development including HTML5 Video
- Experience with multi-platform development, and setting up build environments (Linux, Android, embedded)
- Experience setting up build environments, utilizing various compiler and linker systems.
- Experience debugging applications with GDB and LLDB from the command line
- Understands Docker and the container configurations
- Comfortable with C/C++ application developement
- Familiarity with tvOS or IOS development
- Familiarity with HLS.JS or similar video player technology
- Experience developing for TV platform is a plus
- We value experience working with QA/QC, issue tracking and documentation
- An attitude of making things happen and owning any hurdles in your way
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Drawing on your experience delivering streaming media applications across a broad array of device types and media formats, you will be part of a team of partner engineers helping to expand Apple's media device footprint. You will be working closely with the top media technology platforms and partners applying current and emerging technologies to achieve the user experience customers expect from Apple. You are comfortable working with a broad group of internal and external teams, with competing goals, helping to create solutions which result in everyone rallying together to deliver the best experience for our shared customers. You'll be working in a cross platform group managing the technical integrations with our platform partners alongside a varied and talented group of Apple teams that make up the core of the Music and Video services. Finding solutions, and filling in gaps is what you thrive on. We are looking for people who can express passion around what they are working on and get excited about the in home user experience. The ability to context switch between platforms, internal & external partners, and various projects is a key to success in this role.
Education & Experience
BS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience preferred