Technical Lead, Video Applications
Posted: Mar 6, 2019
Role Number: 200042194
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Video Applications group develops leading media creation apps including Memories, Final Cut Pro X, Compressor, iMovie, Motion, and Clips. We are seeking a seasoned engineer to lead the development of new consumer products for iOS.
- Solid experience developing native iOS applications and frameworks primarily in Swift and/or Objective-C
- In-depth knowledge of Cocoa frameworks and API's on iOS
- Experience consuming data from RESTful web service API's (CloudKit is a plus)
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded and asynchronous programming concepts
- Solid knowledge of software design patterns, best practices, and emerging technologies
- Passion for writing clean, well factored, and highly reliable code
- Experience in leading teams, including writing technical specs, delegating tasks, and performing code reviews.
This is an extraordinary opportunity to apply your interest and expertise in building consumer iOS products that reach tens of millions of users. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded software engineer able to design clean API's and modular frameworks that encapsulate web service interactions, develop demonstration apps with rich user interfaces on iOS to exercise the functionality, and collaborate effectively with application product teams to successfully integrate your work. In this role you'll be leading innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, developing, testing and delivering new features for Video Applications. You will be responsible for overseeing a team of developers, managing tasks and timelines, and performing code reviews. You will work closely with our QA, Design, Product, and Project Management teams in delivering world class, quality products that our customers expect.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Sciences or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field.
- - Acting in a technical leadership capacity: handling a mix of responsibilities spanning leadership/providing mentorship to others as well as individual implementation work.
- - Applying technical expertise, including engineering and operational excellence to challenging programming and design problems.
- - Ability to identify areas for improvement and take initiative to work towards a solution.
- - Able to tackle problems independently as well as know when to engage team members to drive innovation.
- - Performing code reviews and redesign existing applications for better user experience involving performance and usability.
Back to top