Technical Editor, Apple Video Services
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200199315
At Apple, our best work happens when extraordinary people meet extraordinary opportunity. Together in that rare context, we craft products and experiences that change the world, quickly becoming parts of our customers' lives they couldn't imagine ever having lived without. As a Technical Editor in Apple's video services group, you will play a pivotal role in crafting how millions of consumers around the world discover and enjoy the best movies and television in the Apple TV app. It's a particularly exciting time to join our team as we are committed to the notion that a story well-told, well-visualized, and well-experienced, on a rapidly-expanding digital platform, can change the lives of those it reaches for the better. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of incredibly hardworking editors whose charter is to define, refine, uphold, and advance the experience of discovering and consuming the best content in the world on Apple's Video Platform.
- Experience developing and implementing complex processes in previously-undefined spaces
- Ability to jump in and learn new tools; technically savvy with a deep curiosity for the limits of tools and processes
- Exceptional ability to break down complex problems and evaluate possible solutions
- Exacting attention to detail and exceptional communication skills
- A passion for the details, filling in gaps where necessary
- Understands the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware: (Mac OS, iOS, Apple TV, TV App, iTunes, etc.)
- Well-versed in pop culture and passionate about digital entertainment including the latest trends and technologies
- Effective and supportive team player, able to thrive in and perpetuate a highly collaborative environment.
- Available to work evenings and/or weekends
The Technical Editor sits at the cutting edge of the TV App. The editor will build and hone a deep understanding of every element of the editorial process, from the tools used to how everything displays on the app itself. The editor will be on the front lines of building scalable processes around new tools and app elements as they come, then training the larger team in those processes. Our ideal candidate will hit the ground running and be familiar with the speed at which startups work. They won't be afraid to get their hands dirty to make sure everything is completed. This is someone who has a proven track record of cross-functional collaboration, exercises the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality, and operates with a constant sense of urgency, but without a sense of panic. The ideal candidate also loves popular media and has an in-depth knowledge of Apple products.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree, plus 5 or more years of related work experience
Back to top