Technical Artist, AR Applications
Posted: Oct 28, 2019
Role Number: 200000604
Are you a Technical Artist who flourishes with ambiguous challenges in an evolving domain? In this role you will play a meaningful role in cross-department collaborations with artists, developers and managers. You will work with an extraordinary team of artists and engineers to create the next technological revolution. You will create and contribute to innovative solutions for content production for AR and VR experiences. This role requires a keen understanding of state-of-the art real-time graphics and an ambition to produce visually stunning 3D content while navigating through unique technical challenges.
- You will need the ability to rapidly adapt and implement new technologies in service of project goals.
- We are looking for someone experienced in architecting, developing, and extending tools and pipelines.
- Candidates should have a breadth of knowledge across the totality of technical art disciplines as well as a mastery in other areas such as VFX, characters, environments, UX, procedural geometry, shading, etc.
- You are capable of handling and integrating 3D content for multiple projects at varying stages of production.
- You will produce high-end visual concepts, rapidly prototype, and deliver performant and scalable production assets.
The Technology Development Group (TDG) is looking for a Technical Artist to help us push the limits on the next generation of interactive computing for our platform. This team is working with some of Apple's most advanced technologies including augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), machine learning (ML) and computer vision (CV). As a member of our organization you will assist us in exploring future products that will delight, inspire and empower millions of people.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree (or higher) in computer science, digital art, or interactive media or 6+ years industry experience as a Technical Artist. Professional experience creating AAA quality AR/VR experiences or equivalent.
- Proficiency in at least one DCC application such as Maya, Max, Modo, Houdini or equivalent.
- Familiarity with one or more painting applications such as Photoshop.
- Mastery in at least one of the following programming languages: Swift, Python, C#, C++.
- You're familiar with macOS and iOS application programming.
- Assist artists in solving the day-to-day problems that arise in content production.
- Collaborate with other Technical Artists to explore and define technical standards and benchmarks used to verify content validity.
Back to top