Systems Test Design Lead
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 18, 2020
Role Number: 200200139
Apple's System Test Design Lead (TDL) is a terrific position for someone passionate about willing to lead exciting multi-functional projects! Our organization plays a key role in keeping up the quality standards at Apple and making sure that our customers are happy with the quality and experience of the hardware that they use. Employees of this organization enjoy having a chance to lead the design of a complete and custom system that is instrumental to the quality of Apple's products. We are looking for a leader who can drive the development of our instrumentation in parallel to that of the product; someone who can thrive in a dynamic and high pressure environment. You will have a deep understanding of software and hardware fundamentals & a background designing of complex systems. You will apply your excellent communication skills and passion to lead multi-functional teams to develop ground-breaking products. You will prior experience in engineering and technical leadership roles to Your contributions will make a pronounced difference to future embedded products that we take great pride in.
- 3+ years of work experience
- Excellent understanding with Hardware/ Software architecture and interoperability of complex systems.
- Prior experience with one or more of the following technologies: acoustics, touch, imaging sensors, motion sensors and USBc technologies.
- You know how to collect, analyze and present data to senior management.
- Willingness and ability to travel: up to 20% travel estimate in 8-10 day trips.
- Prior technical leadership and/ or project management experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including executive presentation
- Dynamic and "can do" attitude lead product manager with the desire to work with a great team and product
You will own and lead the architecture, design and implementation of calibration of the entire test line for Mac- starting from pre-concept until mass production. You will lead our organization to develop instruments and algorithms, fixtures, infrastructure and diagnostic software to implement calibration and testing processes at the factory for all products across Apple. - Work closely with the development teams, early in the product development lifecycle, to define tests for functionalities and performance. - Be the main contact concerning calibration, testing and processes for your product. - Be the key liaison between our organization and our Contract Manufacturers. You - Interact within our internal groups at Apple to ensure that tests are being performed adequately and on time. - Responsible for communicating to execs, upper management and technical staff on the progress of our product and your test line. - This position requires ability to deal with dynamic and rapidly changing environment requiring decision-making with ambiguous information. - This includes documentation of tests and developing/executing project plans, specifying test stations and diagnostics for testing product features, specifying/implementing test process control and test data collection.
Education & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. EE/CE/Physical Sciences
Back to top