Systems Engineer - Magnetic Sensor Integration
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 11, 2019
Role Number: 200122619
Apple is seeking a highly motivated, energetic Systems Engineer to integrate magnetic sensor technologies into our products. You must have an excellent understanding of sensing technologies, and a consistent record of shipping products. The role requires highly analytical skills in system design parameters, data analysis, and reporting conclusions with strong written and verbal skills. You will be responsible for designing, testing and validating magnetic sensors, reviewing specs and manufacturing plans for new sensor features to figure out test and calibration requirements. The role also involves working with our test station design teams (EE, SW, and ME) to define custom testing instrumentation requirements.
- Excellent understanding of magnetic sensor modalities including Hall effect, GMR, AMR, design tradeoffs, manufacturing complexities, and characterization/calibration methodologies
- Expertise in magnetic sensor integration into systems, and proven record of shipping products
- Experience with LabView/Python scripting for automated data collection
- Experience with FEM simulations using COMSOL or ANSYS
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it!
Education & Experience
BS/MS in relevant field (EE, ME, Physics) 3+ years work experience
Back to top