System Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 17, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200104589
The Core OS Storage Systems group is looking for a talented software engineer to join the File Systems team. You will be working with other teams in Storage Systems and cross-functionally to enable new platform features and improve the user and developer experience.
- Excellent C and C++ programming skills
- Experience with Objective-C or Swift is a plus
- Strong understanding of operating system concepts and layering
- Strong understanding of file system principles
- Experience with network client-server programming using the BSD Sockets API
- Experience programming in the Linux / BSD / POSIX environment
- Basic familiarity with the interface between kernel and user-space in a Unix system
- Experience with API design
- Ability to quickly understand and modify existing codebases
- Ability to ramp up quickly on both new technologies and existing technologies
- Familiarity with Apple products and technologies is a plus
- Highly focused, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Excellent collaborative skills, with strong written and verbal communication
You will be working on a variety of client-server applications and support frameworks that contribute to the user experience of Apple products by providing tighter integration of applications and system components with the file system.
Education & Experience
BS or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience/skills.
Back to top