System Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200195248
The Core OS Energy Technologies Software team is looking for a versatile and talented System Software Engineer to build systems which will provide intelligent adaptive solutions to the general class of challenges in Apple's battery operated mobile systems that are ever more powerful and are running under tight power delivery constraints. In this unique and highly visible role, you will be at the center of design, development, and production of software, implementing control systems, battery management, and other related efforts, working closely with multiple teams such as battery management, platform architecture, hardware systems and other software teams. Your goal will be to allow the system to operate at optimal performance under tight power delivery constraints, and without compromising battery life. Are you excited about identifying areas for improvement and creating out-of-the-box solutions? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
- 5+ years experience in embedded systems focusing on power, control systems and data analysis.
- Strong System SW development skills with good understanding of power models and control systems..
- Passionate about designing adaptive algorithms, informed by data analysis.
- Ability to conduct experiments in all phases of design, bringing together and analyzing data; and utilizing document/scripting to provide results.
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of C and C++
- Familiarity with control theory is a strong plus
- Knowledge and experience with data analytics, ML/AI modeling, and their applications to systems is a plus
Work multi-functionally with system architects, electrical engineers, battery engineers and system software engineers. Invent new system power management algorithms under tight battery power delivery constraints. Battery modeling and characterization. Modeling of telemetry data for the purpose of predicting patterns. Explore novel battery management solutions. Design, implement and optimize system software and embedded firmware. Demonstrate and explain cross functionally system power/performance trade-offs. Influence hardware design specifications of future platforms to deliver a roadmap of innovative software solutions to very challenging battery mechanism system problems. Protect end-to-end data confidentiality.
Education & Experience
Phd, MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Technical skills and aptitude to work with data science, data engineering teams, and product management teams
- Model development and analysis experience preferred.
Back to top