System Power Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 19, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200192969
Are you passionate about working on products that enrich the lives of millions of people? Do you enjoy understanding how things work in breadth and depth, and how to make them even better? Are you excited to work on cutting-edge technologies and products? If so, we'd love to hear from you! In this role, you will constantly be challenged to learn about how Apple's latest features and technologies work and collaborate with teams to ensure they ship with extraordinary battery life. You will work with teams to help them identify focus areas, run experiments, analyze data, and develop tools to help achieve efficiency while maintaining a great user experience.
- Strong understanding of hardware component and hardware/software interactions
- Strong understanding of process/framework/kernel/firmware abstractions
- Excellent debugging/triaging skills to solve challenging problems
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Excellent prioritization skills and focus
- Experience developing scripts/tools to distill and visualize data
Work multi-functionally with architecture, hardware, and software teams to help deliver surprise and delight in our latest products while maintaining great battery life. This role requires the technical depth and expertise to understand how things work from the user interface down to the state transitions of each hardware block. This insight is instrumental to design experiments, derive insights from lab and field data, and convey the battery life impact to engineering teams with potential solutions for optimization. Strong problem solving skills and effective communication are critical for success in this role.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science
Back to top