System Power Data Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200139871
The Core OS Power Management Software team is looking for an extraordinary System Power Data Software Engineer to build the systems which will feed battery and power telemetry across all Apple products to drive power/performance triage and analytics. At Apple, our battery-operated mobile systems are ever more powerful and running under very tight power delivery constraints. In this unique and highly visible role, you will be at the center of data design, modeling, process and collection efforts, working with multiple battery, hardware and software teams. Your goal will be to allow the system to maxim possible performance under tight power delivery constraints and without compromising battery life. Are you excited about identifying areas for improvement and creating out-of-the-box solutions? If this describes you, we would love to hear from you!
- 5+ years experience in data design and analysis.
- Strong System SW development skills with good understanding of ML/AI models.
- Passionate about designing effective algorithms, inspired by the analysis of big data.
- Model development and analysis experience preferred.
- Ability to conduct experiments in all phases of design, bringing together and analyzing data; and utilizing document/scripting to provide results.
- Demonstrated innovative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Knowledge of C and C++
- Familiarity with control theory is a plus
Work multi-functionally with system architects, electrical engineers, battery engineers and system software engineers. Modeling of telemetry data for the purpose of predicting patterns. Invent new system power management algorithms under tight battery power delivery constraints. Battery modeling and characterization. Explore novel battery management solutions. Design, implement and optimize system software and embedded firmware. Demonstrate and explain cross functionally system power/performance trade-offs. Influence hardware design specifications of future platforms to deliver a roadmap of innovative software solutions to very challenging battery mechanism system problems. Protect end-to-end data confidentiality.
Education & Experience
Phd, MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Back to top