System Frameworks Software Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 19, 2020
Role Number: 200173060
Apple revolutionizes how people interact with technology. We take great ideas, apply hard work and total dedication to the customer experience, and produce great products and services that our customers can't live without. Our commitment to excellence and our creativity enable our customers to do amazing things. We build technology that inspires people. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions for complex problems? Delighting millions of people across the planet and working with world-class innovators? All of the above? Then we want to talk to you about this job opportunity. Apple's Technology Development Group works with advanced technologies, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit and Metal 2, to create ground-breaking new products. We are looking for a frameworks engineer to help design and implement solutions to enable novel user interactions from application data models.
- 3+ years developing large scale iOS or macOS applications
- Proven track record for designing libraries and APIs for use between teams of developers
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge for application design patterns
- Real passion for Apple's mission and products
You will work with a team of engineers to build a new developer framework to enable applications to interact with the system and users in new and exciting ways. You will apply an understanding of design patterns to build a framework for novel interactions from application data models. You will engineer a solution architecture that best leverages the capabilities of the system and ensures security and privacy of user data. Are you interested in something new to work on that will challenge you and connect you with some of the best engineers at Apple? Are you curious and love learning new things, while working with the best creative people in the industry to solve hard technical problems? As a self-starter that prefers to work with a great team, you may be the engineer we are looking for. Especially if you like to have fun with the people you work with!
Education & Experience
BSCS or comparable degree and/or relevant experience
- - Familiarity with application design patterns such as MVC, MVVM, Redux, etc.
- - C/C++ programming
- - 5+ years experience designing and implementing libraries and APIs to share common functionality
- - Deep understanding of Swift programming language
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top