System Architect (Multi-Radio Systems) - Wireless Platform Architecture
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 20, 2021
Role Number: 200207153
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Do you love working on new design challenges? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to craft upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day. Are you ready to be part of a team helping to bring multiple technologies together in a seamless manner? Join us to help transform wireless technology and deliver the next groundbreaking Apple products! In this role, you will be a key member of our team defining and working on advancing Apple's wireless solutions.
- The ideal candidate has 5+ years of experience in specifying and implementing features on wireless platforms through to successful integration and product launch.
- The candidate's experience should demonstrate a proven track record in software/systems design and performance tradeoffs for consumer products.
- Experience in leading cross-functional teams by technical expertise and bringing solutions together.
- Expertise with wireless chipset architectures (such as details of baseband processing systems, interfaces such as PCIe, RFFE, SPI; RF transceivers and power management units) and how systems interact in complex products. Expertise in system integration, platform operational modes, RF front-end control (such as AGC) and in-device coexistence for customer devices.
- Experience with HW protocol or event driven performance simulations is a plus
- Deep understanding of wireless communication platforms, modem requirements and timelines and important end-user scenarios at both the network and the consumer product level. This should ideally cover different standards such as WiFi and LTE/5G NR. Experience with RF system design tradeoffs and integration is desirable.
- Good knowledge of 3GPP standards (LTE, NR), WiFi, BT and similar wireless technologies.
- Ability to present complex technical topics to a multi-level audience both internal and external to Apple.
- Proficient programming skills in C++ and/or modeling complex systems in MATLAB strongly desirable.
In this role, you will identify and drive innovation for wireless systems with focus on enhancing end-user experience for complex multi-radio systems. The work involves identifying the appropriate supporting baseband architectures and front-end control where required, for multi-radio co-operation with a focus on low cost, and power consumption and robustness in a complex system environment. There is substantial interaction in a broad collaborative environment of domain area experts to support cross-technology performance and in-device coexistence topics across a portfolio of products. The end result of this effort is to provide the best tradeoffs of implementation cost, ease of maintenance and performance benefits for the end-user. In the role, you can expect to analyze, model and optimize how different SoCs interconnect on a range of platforms for the best performance in challenging radio and platform configuration conditions. Create and drive architectures for optimal cross-technology performance and drive specifications for individual technology subsystems. The work provides ample scope to create intellectual property and to use/expand your foundations in multiple wireless and systems technologies.
Education & Experience
Master's degree or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree
Back to top