- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jan 22, 2020
Role Number: 200143627
We're a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining what's possible to help us all do what we love in new ways. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch, as well as with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. And the same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking a highly motivated, energetic System Architect to lead and drive system technical designs and roadmaps. The ideal candidate oversees and analyzes key system architectural and implementation trade-offs such as power and performance in a thermally constrained system, analyzing silicon, PCB, and interconnect floor plans while taking SI, EMC and RF into consideration, and system power states and power budget analysis.
- You should have a deep expertise in Consumer Electronics will empower you to succeed on your team, and your dedication to quality will help ensure our product is able to surprise and delight countless Apple customers
- Must have great system architecture fundamentals. This means you have a deep understanding of how data flows in a system and you've developed an intuition on product definition that you can apply to new features because you understand what matters most and how to build it
- Must have great analytical skills to lead the team on key systems engineering architectural and implementation trade-offs on high-performance, low-power, and high quality products
- At some point in your career, we want you to have worked with schematic capture (any package) and with placement/routing experience
- Experience designing high volume products from beginning to end as well as experience creating and influencing system specification documents
- Strong verbal communication skills across organizations and at the executive level
- Excellent written skills for clear reporting of data analysis and conclusions
- 10+ years work experience
This role also requires strong communication, persuasion and negotiation skills in addition to being comfortable with working through ambiguities. You will have the opportunity to mentor other engineers for the best standards, methodologies, and practices in systems development. Other responsibilities include: Review, influence and challenge system performance decisions with new ideas Creatively influence product roadmaps across groups Work with cross-functional engineering managers and architects on hardware and software-enabling technologies Create system specifications, system block diagrams, interface maps and data flows Define, simulate, and model product performance vs. power (performance per watt) Specify, negotiate, and document system power management and user level behaviors Guide early system layout studies and partner closely with Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Design Join hands-on prototype bring-up and debugging efforts Mentor engineers for the best standards, methodologies, and practices in system development
Education & Experience
BS/MS/PhD in electrical engineering or computer engineering.
Back to top