System and Silicon Validation Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Jun 12, 2020
Role Number: 200175548
This is an excellent opportunity to become part of Apple power technology development team with the exemplary company consistently bringing innovations in the industry. In this position, you will be developing and implementing innovative test methodology, which are implemented in products used by millions of people. The position primarily involves test and characterization including automation for Apple's systems and custom power ASICs to be used in next generation platforms. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for planning and execution of bench experiments and tests, and will interpret and regularly present the findings to cross-functional teams.
- ➢ MSEE in power electronics with 6+ years experience.
- ➢ Strong principles, design, and testing with DC-DC, AC-DC and DC-AC converters
- ➢ Experience with bench equipment such as power supply, oscilloscope, signal generator, electronic load, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- ➢ Experience using GPIB, USB, I2C, SPI, MIPI, SPMI, UART interfaces, etc. is strongly preferred
- ➢ Experience using Python for test automation is strongly preferred.
- ➢ Ability to write and debug FW code is strongly preferred
- ➢ Working knowledge with finite state machine (FSM), digital design and verification is a plus
- ➢ Ability to work with development team directly to establish project requirements and develop test plan
- ➢ Ability to complete projects independently with minimal supervision.
- ➢ Exposure to both Windows and MacOS operating systems preferred
- ➢ Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- ➢ Must be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- ➢ Proven track record of working in fast paced innovative work environment
- ➢ Simulation using Pspice, Simplis, Simetrix is a plus.
As a System and Silicon Validation Engineer, you will : 1. Test and characterize Apple's custom power ASICs 2. Test and characterize off-the-shelf (OTS) power silicons 3. Test and characterize world-renowned innovative power system eco-systems 4. Build automation into the test setups 5. Develop test plans and publish test reports 6. Design, create schematics and work with layout engineers to build test and evaluation PCBs. 7. Interpret test results of complex mix-signal HW with focus on power electronics 8. Work with design engineers and architects on proof-of-concept (POC) and/or debugging silicon related issues 9. Perform rigorous design reviews with silicon vendors. Drive vendors to get the highest quality of products in a very challenging schedule. 10. Review and validate paper designs prior to prototyping 11. Work with hardware design and silicon teams to identify characterization needs. 12. Develop experimental methodologies and data visualization tools. 13. Perform corner-case testing for systems and silicons 14. Evaluate and debug design prototypes on the bench and generate detailed engineering reports of findings and recommendations 15. Failure analysis that can identify root cause of power electronics circuits failure 16. Interpretation and analysis of test data to suggest recommendations to aid decision-making 17. Present findings to broad cross-functional teams. 18. Ideal candidate is with work experience in power management system/semiconductor/silicon companies.
Education & Experience
MSEE in power electronics with 6+ years experience
Back to top