Posted: Mar 16, 2020
Role Number: 200065251
Do you want to help define the future of app development? Join the SwiftUI team and help work on the next generation of APIs and SwiftUI components used across iOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS. Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same real passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- - Craft elegant and concise APIs in Swift, following the Standard Library and the Swift API Design Guidelines.
- - Invent new patterns for building better apps with less code.
- - Consider API design across all of Apple's platforms: iOS, iPadOS, macOS, watchOS, and tvOS.
- - Join a highly collaborative environment, working with many teams from Accessibility to Developer Tools.
- - Educate developers inside and outside of Apple about how to understand and use SwiftUI.
SwiftUI is an innovative new framework that takes advantage of the expressivity and conciseness of Swift to redefine how developers build apps. We work closely with the Swift team to push the language forward and use it to its full potential, and with teams across Apple from UIKit and AppKit to the HI design team to build new UI concepts and components. Your responsibilities will include frequent, energetic discussions about the best approach to solving UI programming problems in Swift. You'll play a key role in defining the next set of SwiftUI features and APIs. This outstanding team is a group of very hardworking engineers with a love for great API design and high quality code. The team is passionate about delivering elegant solutions through extensive collaboration and debate. We are looking for hardworking individuals who share those same values and want to improve and extend our frameworks and products. If you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you. With your enthusiasm and dedication, there is no telling what we can accomplish.
Education & Experience
- Bachelors or greater in Computer Science or equivalent experience