Subject Matter Expert - Automation Co-op
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Nov 6, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200197695
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are strengthening our team and we are seeking a dynamic Subject Matter Expert Intern to join our team in Summer 2021 for a 6 month internship. We feature a collaborative environment with creative, smart people and groundbreaking technologies. Come join us and make a difference.
- Familiar with industrial automation systems, including robots (6 axis, SCARA, collaborative, gantry), machine vision (cameras, lighting, and programming), motion control (including actuators, motors, pneumatics), sensors, encoders, real time operating system, and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to design, spec, integrate, test, and troubleshoot automated systems.
- Ability to drive root cause/corrective action and process optimization activities to closure efficiently with proper design of experiment (DOE) practices and detailed data analysis using statistical methods such as process capability, correlation, GR&R, etc. and software such as JMP, Matlab, etc.
- Experience using CAD to review and design mechanical components and assemblies, and create proper engineering part drawings using GD&T practices.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of demanding, concurrent projects.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills with clear, concise technical communications.
- Overseas travel required (~30%) when conditions allow.
- Finally, a positive attitude with a detailed, hands-on approach, and a desire to drive innovation and create extraordinary products.
- Ability to work a 6 month or longer internship starting in Summer 2021
Drive automation activities for stringent enclosure and module manufacturing processes as part of Manufacturing Design's Automation SME team. Work with integrators, suppliers, contract manufacturers, and internal partners to develop advanced automation capabilities and implement them in the supply chain to exacting standards on aggressive project timelines.
Education & Experience
Pursuing BS/MS in Engineering (Mechatronics, Electrical, Automation, Robotics, or equivalent). To qualify for Apple's internship program, candidates must be enrolled in school and must return to school at the completion of their internship. You also qualify if accepted into a graduate program after undergrad graduation.
- Experience working with automation in a mass production environment.
- Familiarity with one or more major brand (ABB, KUKA, Fanuc, etc.) six-axis industrial robots, their textual programming languages (RAPID, KRL, Karel, etc.), offline programming (OLP) packages, or equivalents.
- Familiarity with multi axis robot kinematics, dynamics, force-torque control.
- Experience developing or simulating control systems with Matlab, Python, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with robot development software hardware kits, including ROS, Nvidia Jetson, etc.
- Familiarity with machine learning software platforms, including Tensorflow, PyTorch, etc.
- Experience developing vision solutions based on OpenCV, Matlab, NI Labview, etc.
- Experience working overseas with international supply chains and contract manufacturers.
- Technical extracurricular such as Formula SAE/Baja, Solar Car, DARPA, FIRST Robotics, etc.
Back to top