Streaming Media Engineering Project Manager
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 9, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200156502
We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we strive to achieve will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. Apple's Interactive Media Group provides the media, graphics, and audio software foundation across all of Apple's innovative products, from iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, Beats, to various services like Apple TV+, Apple Fitness+, Apple Music. The Streaming Media team is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to lead software projects in this technology area which is at the heart of all Apple's products. You will need strong system software fundamentals, excellent communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing team to develop ground-breaking products. This role includes working with our engineering teams to define, schedule, track and communicate status of all work taking place within those teams. Facilitating communication between groups is critical.
- Demonstrated leadership on major technology or cross-functional projects
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand technical concepts in a wide range of fields
- Demonstrated ability to provide succinct, accurate executive summaries of complicated situations
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence up, down and cross functionally.
- 5+ years of Engineering Management / Project Management experience delivering customer-facing features or projects from concept through delivery
We release exciting new features for users and developers on a regular basis. As an EPM in this area, you will work with our cross-functional engineering teams to enable new Apple services and ensure optimal performance & user experience of streamed content. You will own, or participate in: Creating and maintaining end-to-end project implementation plans for Streaming Media team's commitments across multiple operating systems Ensuring on-time and high quality delivery of software feature deliverables by providing day-to-day coordination through all phases of feature development for multiple engineering teams across Apple. Your engineering counterparts will be able to rely on you to communicate cross functionally to ensure the success of the feature. Maintaining strong communication channels between the media teams and other cross-functional engineering partners Providing accurate project status to executive stakeholders, managing risks and driving escalations where necessary.
Education & Experience
BS/MS (EE/CS/CE a plus)
- Experience working with Audio/Video content playback streamed over network is desired
- Experience in software development (creating applications or APIs) especially in consumer media platforms (mobile & media players) is a plus
- Experience developing and releasing a consumer product is a plus
- Technical proficiency in audio, video, and graphics is a plus (for example - content protection / DRM, streaming media concepts like HLS / MPEG-DASH, CODECs / compression and distribution of video content)
Back to top