State Estimation Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Feb 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200149553
Apple is looking for an engineer to develop, deploy, and maintain state estimation solutions for complex electromechanical systems in support of evolving real time control and diagnosis needs.
- Theoretical, as well as practical understanding of state estimation design techniques for linear and nonlinear, multiple-input/multiple-output systems.
- Proven ability and experience in fulfilling the complete state estimation algorithm development process, from requirements specification to hardware deployment and verification.
- Experience with robust, multi-modality (e.g., inertial, visual, thermal, etc.) sensor fusion for real time, safety-critical systems.
- Familiarity with adaptive filtering for time-varying systems.
- Ability to demonstrate experimental data to improve state estimation models.
- Strong reciprocal software development skills in a large scale CI/CD environment, including familiarity with version control software (e.g., git).
- Strong coding skills in C/C++/Python preferred, in addition to significant experience and familiarity with MATLAB/Simulink.
A qualified applicant for this role will be encouraged to provide creative state estimation solutions in support of multifaceted dynamic control and diagnosis components for safety-critical, complex electromechanical systems. Responsibilities include: - maintaining a strong collaborate with other teams to help define sensing and state estimation performance requirements - implement innovative algorithms that enforce to the best coding practices - evaluate the performance of said state estimation algorithms in simulated environments - ability to move from simulation towards SIL, HIL, and on-plant experimentation.
Education & Experience
PhD in robotics or controls-related field with 2-3 years of experience. Candidates with an M.Sc. degree and 5+ years of industry experience will also be considered.
Back to top