SRAM Power Lead
Posted: Nov 7, 2018
Role Number: 200003830
Do you want to utilize your engineering background to make big things happen? Can you influence, connect, get results and communicate effectively? Do you have a passion for crafting entirely new solutions? Do you love building without precedent? As part of our Digital Design Engineering group, you'll take imaginative and revolutionary ideas and determine how to turn them into reality. You and your team will apply engineering fundamentals and start from scratch if needed, bringing visionary ideas to the real world. Your efforts will be groundbreaking, often literally. Join us, and you'll help design the tools that allow us to bring customers experiences they've never before envisioned. You will be part of an exciting silicon design group that is responsible for designing state-of-the-art ASICs. We have an extraordinary opportunity for SRAM /Power engineers. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for improvements in power savings across the custom memory group at Apple, including inventing new circuit techniques and driving methodologies to improve power characterization and reporting. You will be at the heart of a processor design effort, collaborating with all disciplines, making a critical impact delivering low power high performance products.
- We are looking for applicants with 5+ years circuit design experience in the CPU/SOC environment.
- Knowledge of high performance low power circuit design.
- Experience developing caches/SRAM design for low voltage and low power operating conditions.
- Knowledge of power measurement methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of industry standards circuit and design tools.
- Proven understanding of device physics and process.
- Ability to drive adoption of design techniques and methodologies across multiple design groups and locations.
Imagine yourself at the center of our SOC design effort, playing a strategic role of getting functional products to millions of customers quickly. You will have the opportunity to integrate and come-up with new ideas, as well as work with a team of talented engineers. As a SRAM Power Lead for the custom team, you will perform the following: - Assess current power performance and trade-offs within the team and the industry. - Work with architecture teams and memory design teams to come up with new architectures for custom circuits and memories. - Design new circuits, cells and topologies that result in additional power savings for custom circuits, including memories. - Drive new methodologies that allow teams to get more power efficient designs. - Improve and standardize power analysis and reporting across the custom design team.
Education & Experience
BSEE / MSEE is required.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top