Sr. Wireless Standardization Engineer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Dec 8, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200149691
Join the Wireless Technology and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of an outstanding team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. As a Senior Wireless Standardization Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for representing Apple and driving Apple's strategic interest in related standard bodies. With the extraordinary opportunity to build innovations that benefit Apple's product lines and generate new IP, he/she will be working with a team with multifaceted strengths in driving Apple's global standardization activities.
- Strong knowledge of wireless/internet standards, including but not limited to 3GPP 5G-NR/5GC, 4G, 3G and their applications
- Direct hands-on experience in participation in major global standardization organizations, such as 3GPP, GSMA, NGMN, ETSI, etc., with a proven track record in achieving effective standardization deliveries
- Validated abilities of effectively leading multi-functional groups on technical initiatives and IP generations
- Excellent IP generation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ambitious, obsessively hardworking and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
As a Senior Standardization Engineer, you will be responsible for the development of standards for wireless system radio interface L2/L3 protocols (RRC/SDAP/PDCP/RLC/MAC), network architecture and interface protocols, system architecture and functionalities, or protocols for NAS, VoLTE/VoWi-Fi/VoNR/SMS, location services etc. You will actively participate in 3GPP RAN2/RAN3/SA2/CT1 meetings representing Apple, and drive company strategic interests in those organizations. You will also support various internal teams to bring new ideas and define new features. This position can be located in Santa Clara, CA OR San Diego, CA
Education & Experience
Masters or PhD and 5+ years of wireless systems experience.
Back to top