Sr. Wireless Standard Architect
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Mar 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200149673
Join the Wireless Technology and Ecosystems (WTE) organization and be part of a best-in-class team of engineers, working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide. We are looking for a highly reciprocal individual who can excel in a high-paced environment. As a Senior Connectivity and Ecosystem Standardization Engineer, you are responsible for representing Apple Inc. in standard bodies and driving company strategic interest in those organizations. With the great opportunity to build innovations and generate new IPs that benefit our product lines. You will be working with various dynamic teams internally and externally in driving our global standardization activities.
- Extensive experience with communication protocol stack development, including medium access control, data link, networking and application layers
- In-depth knowledge of link layer protocols, internet protocol suite and application layer protocols for IoT/Cloud: DNS, DHCP, UDP/TCP, IPv4/IPv6, 6LoWPAN, CoAP and Thread
- In-depth knowledge of principles regarding device pairing protocols, user authentication and provisioning methods, cryptography/cipher suites and its application to L2 security, network and IoT/Cloud application security,
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi (802.11), UWB (802.15.4/4z), Zigbee, and Bluetooth Standards is a plus
- Experience as an active contributor in standard organizations
- Strong track record of innovations and bringing new ideas to end products.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment and can clearly communicate while expertly driving multiple projects across many teams
- Ambitious, obsessively hardworking and seek to solve everyday problems in innovative ways
Our team is focused on developing wireless system solutions and its standardization initiative. You'll be actively working with various internal teams by keeping them apprised of standards development and direction, while supporting development teams with defining features, architecture and design. You are expected to actively propose, support and champion innovative solutions, both internally and externally. Confident in presenting and defending principles to internal teams, and standards communities
Education & Experience
Master's degree or PhD's degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science with 10+ years of relevant experience.
Back to top