Sr Wireless Software Developer
- San Diego, CA
Posted: Nov 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200199907
Join the Wireless Technologies and Ecosystems (WTE) team andbe part of a world-class team of engineers; working with multi-functional teams to drive innovation and develop products used by millions worldwide! Apple's Wireless Software Architecture team is seeking hardworking, highly motivated and self-directed engineers to work across layers on cutting edge wireless cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core wireless technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines.
- Minimum 5-10 years hands on experience in wireless development/system engineering
- Strong Software Engineering skills including design, programming (C or C++, script) and debugging
- Strong knowledge of 5G NR/3GPP Access Stratum (PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP) and Non Access Stratum layers
- Experience in URLLC, RAN slicing, and Multi-SIM features are preferred
- Strong knowledge in 3GPP NR/LTE specifications
- Obsessively passionate and inquisitive with a focus on solving everyday problems in innovative ways
- Attention to the smallest details that are meaningful to customers
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
Apple's Cellular Software team is seeking talented, highly motivated and disciplined engineers to work across layers on groundbreaking cellular technologies. The position involves identifying and/or developing core cellular technologies that solves everyday problems for customers using iPhone, iPad, Watch and other wireless product lines. This team takes pride in not just coming up with proven software designs but also in disrupting traditional models of the cellular ecosystem. We do whatever it takes to bring user experience to the next level. Our members enjoy the flexibility to work on all aspects of Cellular Protocol software - PHY/MAC/RLC/PDCP/NAS and iOS interfaces, to come up with the best possible solution for any given problem.
Education & Experience
Master/PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Wireless Communications or equivalent majors.
Back to top