Sr. User Experience Designer - Create ML
Posted: Jun 21, 2019
Role Number: 200022692
The people here at Apple don't just build products - they build the kind of wonder that's revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. The Core ML team is seeking a Senior User Experience Designer to work on Apple's machine learning development tools and apps such as Create ML. You are a committed problem solver, who is well-versed in macOS and iOS user experience conventions and patterns for app design, and is ready to bring great ideas to life. As a member of our creative organization, you will have a uniquely rewarding opportunity to craft future products that will change the way people think about and interact with machine learning technologies.
- 5+ years experience designing desktop and/or mobile app
- Strong comfort level with an iterative design process. A deep appreciation for simple solutions to complex problem
- A portfolio of extraordinary work demonstrating the successful delivery of innovative interface design solution
- Mastery of fundamental visual and interactive design disciplines and principal Passion for driving innovation at the intersection of design and machine learning Experience with ML is not required but a big plus
- An extraordinary eye for pixel-perfect detail
- Strong collaboration skill
- Ability to work independently, handling schedules in fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Expert-level skills with design tools, such as Sketch, Keynote, Adobe CS, etc
- Ability to produce high-fidelity (pixel-accurate) comps of designs, rapidly
The Senior User Experience Designer is a key player in determining future design direction of some of Apple's most mission-critical apps. We are looking for a visionary designer who is ready to and capable of tackling some deep, thorny design problems, and coming up with elegant solutions that will make the lives of our developers and users easier in the machine learning space. From brainstorming through implementation, the Senior User Experience Designer will work closely with design, software engineering, and marketing stakeholders. The ideal candidate has the ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user mindsets, tasks, and workflows into clean, understandable solutions. You are an effective diplomat with strong communication and organizational skills who is willing to prove yourself within a company of talented individuals.
Education & Experience
Degree in Interaction Design, or equivalent experience.
- Software development experience Prototyping experience
- Links: https://developer.apple.com/machine-learning/create-ml/
Meet Some of Apple's Employees
Every Apple Store is designed to engage its local community, and no one understands this more than Consuela. She motivates her team to engage with customers in new and exciting ways.
Back to top