Sr. System / Software Validation Engineer
Posted: Oct 24, 2018
Role Number: 200002170
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people's lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for an ambitious and exceptionally talented embedded software validation engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every day.
- Typically requires at least 5+ years of experience. If you have additional experience you can take on additional responsibilities.
- Excellent programming skills in C.
- Experience with memory and power constrained micro-controllers and working with new peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Strong experience in RTOS, software development and verification methodology, version control and automation tools.
- Experience in low-pin-count communication buses (I2C or UART or SPI)
- Experience with troubleshooting tools (JTAG, SWD, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers)
- Scripting experience with any of the following Python or bash or Tcl
- Knowledge of ARM architecture, version control (git) & Linux is a plus
In this role, you will utilize your technical knowledge to drive software validation activities across multiple engineering disciplines including: Validate system / software across multiple hardware platforms Engage in full firmware lifecycle including design, development, debugging and ongoing sustaining Work with multi-functional teams to determine system validation and test specifications to meet the product requirements and user experience Work across multiple engineering disciplines to identify, reproduce, and isolate bugs found via debugging and performance analysis tools Prepare summaries and present at cross functional executive reviews Develop automated stress and stability hardware-centric software tests for embedded systems Develop and maintain various engineering tools used to debug, analyze, and test embedded products Be the champion for the success of firmware development projects and take initiatives to ensure success In addition to the above we are looking for an individual who is comfortable with dynamic requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Success depends on working with cross-functional teams. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You are self-driven with excellent time management skills and can demonstrate creative problem solving.
Education & Experience
MS or BS in Electrical / Computer science engineering field
Back to top