Sr. Software Engineer ( Solr / Lucene experience), Apple Media Products
Posted: Feb 13, 2020
Role Number: 200142297
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Products (AMP) Solr Platform team is building a highly scalable and customizable Solr as a Service offering for various backend applications that powers customer facing features across App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, Podcasts, Books etc. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a new, focused team and work collaboratively with other groups within the organization to make a significant impact. You will also work on, and contribute to open source software, and have industry impact.
- 5+ years of experience working on large scale systems written in Java/C/C++
- Experience building, scaling platforms & services using Lucene/Solr is a huge plus
- Proven experience architecting, developing and deploying internet-scale, distributed and mission critical platforms is required
- Strong knowledge of building and integrating RESTful APIs
- Experience developing software for an elastic deployment environment; e.g. Kubernetes, AWS etc
- Solid experience with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures, distributed systems and load balancing techniques
- In-depth knowledge of build & release (CI/CD) systems and process
- Experience or knowledge of distributed systems such as Kafka, MapReduce/Hadoop/Spark etc
- Self-motivated, dedicated individual
- Ability to collaborate with multi-functional teams
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- Believe in the resilience and quality of the features you ship
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with technical and non-technical multi-functional teams.
We are looking for experienced, hardworking, and motivated senior software engineers who are passionate about building platforms, tools and infrastructure that help engineering teams successfully build and scale backend applications using Solr. In this role, you will be working in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and dealing with a lot of ambiguity. You will have a direct impact on the productivity and success of other engineers across the organization by developing and managing large scale Solr infrastructure. You will participate in code and design reviews to maintain our high development standards. If you are looking for a role that is challenging, impactful and has growth opportunities, this role is for you.
Education & Experience
Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
Back to top