Sr. Software Engineer - Data and Analytics Infrastructure
Posted: Dec 4, 2019
Role Number: 200011243
The Special Projects Group is developing next-generation Apple technologies that will shape the future. We're looking for a strong software engineer with experiencebuilding infrastructure, services, pipelines, tools, and web-apps forlarge scale data storage, processing,and analysis. The systems we build are absolutely vital to the success of the group Internally ourteam operates more like a startup, picking approaches, people, and technology that make sense to help us achieve our goals. Wevalue simplicity, agility, and utilizing existing technology and services if it helps us move faster and be more effective. The right person for the role is an adaptablesoftware engineer who can make good decisions about thebest tool for the job at hand, find simple ways to solve hard problems,is happy to dig in toappropriate technologies, andtraverse the full stack as necessary. This is a unique opportunity to be a part of ateam that's instrumental in Apple's future. If we succeed, we'll change the way technology is used across the world.
- Excellent Pythonand/or Javadevelopment experience
- Expertise withbig-data ecosystem and cloud services, such as AWS
- Expertise in building highly available production services, including deployment automation, infrastructure-as-code, monitoring, and scaling
- Be able to propose, debate, and continually improve architectural approaches
- You should be comfortable working in a team that adopts agile, test-driven-development and continuous delivery approaches
• Developsoftwaretoconsume, store, provide, and process large data-sets in effective ways • Develophigh throughput data pipelines • Productionize and operate highly available, large scale systemsusing infrastructure-as-code • Build APIs and UIs to help make use of large data sets and infrastructure • We run what we build: you will address production issues and work to implement changes that prevent these changes from propagating to production again • Collaborate openly, mentor, and influence other members within the team, across other teams, and users • Work on full-lifecycle for software development, from ideas to production We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Education & Experience
Back to top