Sr. Software Engineer, Commerce (Java, OOP, SQL / NoSQL), Apple Media Products
Posted: Feb 19, 2020
Role Number: 200119114
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Apple Media Products Commerce group is looking for an outstanding individual to join our platform engineering team. The Commerce team provides the transactional engine for App Store, Apple Music, Apple Music, iBookStore, Mac App Store, Apple TV and more. Our platform is the highest volume digital content store in the world, serving billions of transactions daily in 129 countries. You'll build services and application components, shared across applications, to support very high levels of transactional integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. You will also contribute to the architecture, design and implementation of top-level user visible features, with an emphasis on identifying components that can be reused across different scenarios and domains. The position requires someone comfortable with all aspects of the software design lifecycle and experienced with high performance distributed systems. We partner with a variety of cross and multi-functional team members from a diverse array of groups across the company. Do you thrive in a dynamic cross-functional environment and are you able to pivot with constantly evolving requirements and new technologies? Then you'll love it here.
- At least 8 years of exceptional Java programming experience
- Object-oriented programming
- Hands-on software engineering experience, particularly with Java and Service Oriented Architectures
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to take ownership and set direction, especially in gray areas
- The attitude that technical debt as an opportunity for better engineering
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of databases both SQL and NoSQL and entity relationship modeling
- Experience programming for eventual consistency
- Experience working in a large code base
- Experience/knowledge working on highly scalable applications and RESTful web services
- Familiarity with scalability and performance issues
- Excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
You will work on features that touch all Apple Media Products Commerce services - from account management, application, music, and video purchase/download/entitlement, subscription management, and a lot of new features coming to the Apple product ecosystem. You will perform analysis, derive strategies, and write code to ensure that the stores financial transactions maintain key characteristics: ACID integrity, scalability, availability, fault tolerance, and security. You will identify opportunities for software reuse across problem domains, design and code components/libraries/frameworks to support that reuse, and refactor code to achieve higher levels of leverage in the codebase. Using 3rd party and hand-rolled solutions, you will build infrastructure for caching, messaging, and workflow management, that will be used by other teams in the Commerce group.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or similar. MS preferred.
Back to top