Sr. Sensor Process Engineer - Camera Hardware
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 5, 2019
Role Number: 200098861
Why Apple? We live in a mobile and device driven world where knowledge of the physical world around us is needed. We rely on this knowledge to get around, to learn about our environment and to enable spectacular new features for custom applications. Apple is meeting those needs as robustly and as creatively as possible and is interested in people who want to help meet that commitment. The success we are striving will be the result of very skilled people working in an environment which cultivates creativity, partnership, and thinking of old problems in new ways. If that sounds like the kind of environment that you find intriguing, then let's talk. These elements come together to make Apple an amazing environment for motivated people to do the greatest work of their lives. You will become part of a team that sets the standard in fostering excellence, creativity and innovation. Will you help us design the next generation of revolutionary Apple products? The Camera Hardware Engineering group is responsible for all research, design, development, test, and qualification of camera hardware for Apple products. As a key member of the Camera Sensing Devices team, you will be responsible for working with suppliers to bring up new sensing devices with good performance and yields. You will work with engineering and operations on sensor bring up and qualification, as well as work with suppliers on process development to enable next generation sensing technologies.
- You will have 10+ years of process integration experience:
- Design and manufacturing experience in optoelectronic devices
- Hands-on experience with modern semiconductor process technology. Assembly process experience is a plus.
- You will have a deep understanding of CMOS image sensor and pixel technologies
- Ability to use contemporary and industry standard process monitoring tools to statistically evaluate the performance of a manufacturing cell or module
- Ability to define simulations and work with physicists in realizing realistic simulations of new ideas
- Strong device physics, excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work closely with others in a very cross-functional team environment
- Demonstrated success with several designs fabricated in modern cutting-edge foundries or captive fabs
- Experience developing sensor specifications and working with new sensor development
- Deep knowledge of industry standards
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: As a Sr. Sensor Process Engineer owning the semiconductor processes (or the specs for the processes) you will: Collaborate with global sensor suppliers to evaluate their manufacturing capability and to create an Apple specific roadmap. Work with design teams to assure that the process roadmap will meet our needs. You will work with suppliers on new product development, performance and yield improvement, reliability qualification, and fab qualification. Collaborate with the internal and external teams to implement new process technologies. Work with internal and external teams to assure that sufficient and correct testing is implemented at all stages to guarantee performance. Exploring and developing new sensing technologies and sensors.
Education & Experience
MSc/PhD in physics, electrical engineering, or a similar discipline
Back to top