Sr. Project Manager - News Global Business Operations
Posted: Jun 4, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200041205
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Applications team is looking for an expert project manager to provide specialized support to the News Business team and their external partners. We are looking for a highly organized, results oriented individual with extensive experience in operational/project management.
- You have outstanding organizational and presentation skills
- You are an expert at driving cross-functional partnerships with internal teams and building relationships with external partners
- You have a solid track record of leading multiple complex, cross-functional projects
- You demonstrate a sense of urgency and ownership to drive issues to completion
- You understand technical issues at a sufficiently deep level to identify gaps
- You are familiar with metrics, operations, and the complete software product lifecycle
- You should be able to anticipate and resolve problems while keeping focused on overall business and project priorities
You will be working closely with the News Business team, and you will facilitate global operations between product, technology and publishers. You will support business goals internationally, leveraging expert project management skills to establish and implement effective processes for News Business as well as improve operations and communications in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment. You will manage day-to-day progress of tasks and deliverables and coordinate cross-functional roadmaps while driving teams to meet commitments based on those plans. You will represent the News Business team's strategic priorities and negotiate with partners across the organization to align schedules and resources. This will require you to communicate weekly updates and completion of deliverables of global business operations. You will foresee and enthusiastically manage risks and dependencies for News Business initiatives, and work to ensure that roadblocks are removed and all open issues are resolved. You will stay detailed down to the granular level, while maintaining a high level perspective of the project at hand. As a member of our dynamic group, you'll have the rare and rewarding chance to create upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple's customers every single day.
Education & Experience
Requires a Bachelors Degree with 5+ years Operations or Project Management experience, demonstrating increasing levels of operational or project management responsibilities. Experience working with publishers, legal and/or business development a plus. Experience internationally or working with international teams a plus.
Back to top