Sr. Legal Counsel - Internet Services (Digital Media)
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200191256
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you'll help uphold Apple's high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you'll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you'll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. We have a great opportunity for a digital media and content attorney to join our Internet Services Legal group, with a focus on the acquisition, clearance and distribution of content. This is a chance to be part of a hands-on team, dedicated to supporting Apple's rapidly growing internet services business.
- 4+ years relevant experience working on digital content and consumer-facing technology issues, providing practical legal advice and negotiating content licensing and technology transactions.
- Strong contract drafting and negotiation skills with ability to think creatively; adept at putting together agreements for a variety of content licensing and technology transactions.
- Experience in copyright, rights clearances, and other areas of intellectual property law.
- International experience in the distribution of books, news and/or magazines highly preferred.
- In-house experience in product counseling and working with business, marketing, product, and engineering teams a plus.
- Good judgment and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently, excellent time management and organizational skills with the highest attention to detail.
- Best suited for a high energy, self-starter who loves digital media and thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
In this role, you will draft and negotiate digital media and technology agreements and provide product advice consistent with Apple's policies and practices and aligned with evolving strategic goals. You will be a diligent and dedicated negotiator, drafter, and counselor who can translate business objectives into agreements and give concise, practical legal advice under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate will be flexible and able to easily transition skills based on evolving business needs and strategy. You will also collaborate with the broader legal team supporting Apple's products and services.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar
Back to top